2010/2011 Humane Society of Jefferson County Year in
- We welcomed a new shelter
manager, Melissa Enck.
- We have replaced our heating system which included adding air
conditioning in the central area and cat room.
- We have installed a burglar alarm system.
- The electric system has been totally redone.
- We have a new dryer, washing machine, and water heater.
- We have a pet weighing scale to allow more accurate
medication of the animals.
- We are in the process of redoing 7 of our outdoor runs,
replacing dirt with concrete and upgrading the worn chain link.
- We have a new safe.
- We have new plumbing throughout our facility.
- We have donation boxes out in the community.
- We have t-shirts for sale.
- We prepared and have an information brochure for handing
- We have a new web site that is being regularly maintained.
- We have increased our participation in community events.
- We have a speaker, Bev Romines, available to do
presentations to groups upon request.
- We have a vehicle for local animal transport to
- We have a portable sign on Hwy 92 promoting PALs (our
visiting mobile low cost spay and neuter clinic) that are now scheduled 2
times a month.
- We appreciate our good relationship with the Sheriff’s
- We appreciate having a good relationship with with Noah’s
- We have some funding to assist with adoptions when there
are special needs.
- We have some funds to assist with spay/neuter under
- We have regular adoption ads in the Standard Banner.
- People may now use PayPal to make donations to us.
- We have done some rescue transport and are working on scheduling
It has been a fantastic year. Almost all of our improvements
were either donated, provided at a reduced cost or made possible by continued
community support including donations from the East Tennessee Foundation.